Saturday 11 August 2012

If you knew me....

If you knew me
You would know
"You have a pretty face"
is a trigger 
If you knew me 
You would know
that the above statement is not a compliment
but a confirmation that everything else about me is ugly
No one ever says Haile Berry has a pretty face
You don't have to qualify what makes her pretty
But for me it's just my face
I used to think that too
I was mistaken
What makes me pretty is my spirit
What makes me pretty is my friendship
What makes me pretty is my heart
But ALL of this can be missed if ALL you see is my "Pretty Face"
and my fat arms and short fat legs
the gap between my teeth and the freckles on my face
There is more to me than what you see
But you have to take the time to get to know me
beyond just the "Pretty Face"

No comments:

Post a Comment