Monday 18 July 2011

Letter to Dawny 1981

Hi Dawny
I just wanted to let you know that I see you and the pain you're going through. I know it seems unfair, too painful to bear. You're wondering why things are this way and what you have done to deserve such cruelty. It's not your fault baby, it was meant to be. Why you may ask, and how long will this pain last. The answer is, this too shall pass. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. In your life you will  experience joy and pain, life goes on things will change. There will come a time when you'll have to prove you can move on through even more pain. Love and loss of your mother too soon, forced to grow up cause she sheltered you, facing eviction and inner conflict. You will survive cause you didn't quit. Heartbreak and love and meeting your prince. Starting a family and education, finding your voice and celebrating, all that you've been through has made you strong, and loving too.  Please don't worry and be too upset, things will get better so don't you fret. I know all of this cause I've been there too, this I know because I am you..
With Love
Dawnette Belton to Dawnette Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment